I was nominated by Un Assaggio of food, wine, & marriage for the Liebster Award. I had never heard of this award before and am very flattered. I texted my husband right away: “I was nominated for a blog award by someone I have never met!” and he has decided that this deserves cake. I love him! Being new to this whole blogging thing and trying to learn all I can from other bloggers, the encouragement is greatly appreciated and surprising actually.
Anyway I was trying to find an official page that explains the Liebster Award, but had no luck. From what other people have posted and from the description given by the person who nominated me it is a creative way to share and promote blogs that you read, but are not as well known yet (specifically those that have less than 200 followers). I like this! Encouragement is wonderful and I think it’s fun that this blogging thing is a community full of people who support and encourage others. Also, awards are great no matter how or why they started! So, I’ll keep it going.
Here’s a description that was passed to me in my nomination from Un Assaggio of food, wine, & marriage:
“The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers…
Nominees of the Liebster Award must…
- Post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the questions that the tagger/nominator has posted for them.
- Create 11 questions and choose (nominate) 11 blogs of 200 followers or less and link them in the post.
- Go to their page and tell them.”
11 things about myself:
- I have been married to my best friend for a year and a half.
- I really love to bake, but we’re also trying to eat healthier so I enjoy finding healthier baking recipes or giving away the goodies that I do make.
- I love coffee.
- I am a barista and I love it.
- I believe in God and strive to live each day to glorify Him.
- I live in DC and walking by the Capitol never gets old.
- I want to open my own coffeehouse some day and maybe have a bakery as well.
- I would love to write a cookbook with my mom.
- Despicable Me is my favorite movie.
- I enjoy trying new wines.
- I enjoy chocolate maybe a little too much.
My answers to Un Assaggio of food, wine, & marriage:
- What inspired you to start your blog?My husband told me one night that I should start writing down the recipes that I come up with while I’m cooking and I thought this would be a fun way to do it.
- Dog person or cat person?Definitely a dog person! 🙂
- Favorite place you’ve visited?I would have to say Ireland.
- What do you consider your greatest accomplishment?Moving to Washington, DC with my husband in a leap of faith to be part of a great community and to put foot steps to our dream.
- Best book you’ve read in the past year?The Resilient Life by Gordan MacDonald
- What is your favorite season?Fall
- What is your favorite movie?Despicable Me. I know it’s a children’s movie, but it just makes me laugh no matter how many times I see it.
- What is your real favorite movie? The one you don’t want to admit.I would say Despicable Me again. I kind of didn’t want to admit it in the first question.
- Who is the most interesting person you have ever met?My husband. I could talk to him for hours and I love learning more about him every day. He is the person I am most interested in and that interests me the most.
- What is your go-to comfort food?Hands down, macaroni and cheese!
- What is your deepest fear?I do not like spiders or mice and I absolutely have a fear that they will crawl on me while I’m sleeping. Yes, I live in a city. No, we don’t have rodent problems in our apartment. But that is my deepest fear.
Here are my nominations for The Liebster Award, check them out:
My 11 questions to you all:
- What is your favorite food to cook?
- What is your favorite food to eat?
- What was your favorite childhood book?
- Why did you start your blog?
- How do you decide what to cook?
- How often do you go to the grocery store?
- What is your biggest dream?
- Recipes or no recipes?
- What your favorite color?
- What do you hope comes out of your blogging?
- What is your favorite Holiday?